Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Rest of the Story...

In 1967 my parents decided to remodel the basement. In a dark corner was a cedar closet. My mother who was known for being a "snappy dresser" had carefully packed away her clothes from the 1940’s through the early 1960’s. One rainy day in August, she sent me down to pick out what I wanted before she gave the rest away to Goodwill.

It should be noted that at this time I attended Catholic School and was forced to wear the obligatory "plaid uniform from hell." So naturally, anytime I could get a break--it was more than welcome.


When I did not return for 3 hours, Mother came to see what was going on. I had tried every item on for fit.  I was completely overtaken by these wonderful items! There were broomstick skirts, embellished cardigans, Capri pants, and peasant blouses! Not to mention the boxes full of costume jewelry. I was in HEAVEN! I'm quite certain there was not one item sent to the Goodwill from that lot.


Needless to say, I was hooked. I have spent my spare time since, scouring the countryside for vintage items. 

Please check out my Etsy Shops:

No comments:

Post a Comment